Friday, May 13, 2011

Tomato Bamboo Grid Supports installed last night!

I've got tomatoes on every plant but two now. And if I'd get those two transplanted I'd get tomatoes on those too I'm sure! I've never had any luck with good support with those upside down cone shaped wire tomatoe supports, so I decided I'd take a different route this year. I had installed 2x4x6 supports on all 4 corners of this bed as a trial and I believe I'm happier than I originally expected! Convenient for anything! I can't take full credit for the bamboo idea; however, I planned on installing some type of grid support over that 4x4 bed. I got the idea from my new book Vetical Gardening by Derek Fell! I love him! Used screw in open eye hooks, 48" long bamboo stakes, & zip ties to create the support. All I have to do is go out and trim the zip ties! So happy with the way it turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment