Monday, May 16, 2011

Gardening by night again! LOL

Put the kiddo to bed at 8:01p, but she talked until about 9:30p. So after she drifted off my husband and I ran out to the garage to get those 2 4x10x4 raised beds knocked together and set outside while we had a chance. Husband was SO nice and told me just to go prepare the spot where I wanted them and he'd knock them together for me! What a man! So I grabbed my landscape fabric, fabric pins, and utility knife and ran outside in great joy! Although realizing that I mistakenly picked up really light weight landscape fabric this time by accident ALMOST crushed the joy, but I managed to pull through it once the hubs came tronsing across the barely lit yard with a one of my raised beds over his shoulder! Got them both built and both sitting where they will soon be filled with plenty of compost, rock dust, and MORE ORGANIC VEGETABLES! Or VEBLES as Savannah would say!

I've got 3 pallets spoken for at Hill's Lawn & Garden in T'Ville I must go p/u tomorrow! They are charging me $2 a piece, but it is so worth getting the first of three bins knocked together! Thanks Aunt Carol for the reminder about pallets. I had forgotten about them! I've been saving all of my cardboard for my compost bin floor! I'm going to put down a doubled blue tarp, then a thick layer of cardboard and then let the layering begin!

I'll garden in my dreams ALL night long knowing there are 32cubic feet of empty gardening space out there ready to grow! Seriously, that's torcher! I've got 5 5gallon buckets waiting on more transplants.

Gardening at night kinda reminds me of the little man turning off the refrigerator light after you close the door! I feel like a little magic gardening gnome that comes out when everyone is sleeping! LOL

So much to grow, so little time :D

Get out there and grow!

,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment