Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bush Beans

Okay, I finished my "Mel's perfect soil mix" last night in one of my new 4x4 beds. This is the 1st time I'll have the soil perfectly mixed, so I'm excited to see how well that bed produces! I planted 4 cantaloupe and 4 cucumber plants last night. I've yet to have cucumber plants that don't die on me this year. I bought an entirely different pack of seeds and from someone other than Ferry Morris. Not that all their seeds are bad, but the two packages I had just didn't do anything. So I had 3/4's of the bed still opened, so I soaked another handful of bush bean seeds and I just planted about 32 of those in that bed. And I didn't forget to inoculate them this time! YAY! I've got about 20 seeds left, so if I can find space for the last 20 seeds then I'm planting those too! I refuse to let the beetles get the best of me! So I'm planting more and I'm planning on keeping those under row covers until they're more mature and can sustain a little more chewing! Will keep you posted!

I'm getting pictured text messages from friends with their growing luck and it makes me smile! Keep growin folks!

,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment