Thursday, June 16, 2011

Garden Update June 16-11

Ran outside quickly while the hubs was getting ready for work so that I could water my garden. I was too tired to last night, so had to do it first thing this morning before the morning shade cleared and the temps raised. My okra is doing well! The ONLY plant to survive the middle tank bed thus far this season! I did throw in some plain top soil and mix the top 1/3 and maybe that cooled that ph level a bit? Squash is getting huge and blooming again with huge blooms. I hope to start seeing squash here in the next week! Zucchini that I through in the ground as seed three weeks ago is HUGE probably a few weeks away on zucchini as I don't see any flowering yet. My 4 cucumber plants have made it now 5 entire days! I think these plants may make it this time! I hate I wasted so much time before I figured out I had bad seed on the other two rounds! My 4 cantaloupe look like they've tripled in size since I first put them in that raised bed 3 nights ago! Pole Beans & Purple Hulls are still growing and STILL getting eatin on! I'm going to by some organic NEET and spray on them because I"d like to get at least 1 green bean this year on my first attempt, but I can tell you I've figured out that next year I'll be growing my beans & cow peas under row covers for the first 30 days and I won't have this problem. Vacationing when they were young tender plants were a mistake as that is a very crucial time in the plants life! I knew better! But I hope to plant more pole beans this week and see if planting them later doesn't help them avoid the beetles any better?

I'm enjoying the text photos of friends 1st time gardens, keep growing girls ;)

Oh and my purple cherokees are finally starting to ripen on the vine! And I'm seeing other larger tomatoes start to surface now! I'm excited to get that mr. stripey ripened. One of my favorites!
,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment