Friday, July 29, 2011

Okra is starting to come in better!


These cherry tomatoes are a much sweeter variety than the sweet 100's I have in the back. These tomatoes were labeled san marzano's. Mislabeled. They're cherry tomatoes which are a bit bigger than my sweet 100's. But oh well they're totally tasty! I'm tickled my okra is starting to have pods popping out all over :D  We'll just eat as they come off since I only have about 12 plants. Next summer there will be 3 times that many okra plants for sure! I totally bombed with banana peppers this year. I bombed with those peppers just because I had no space for them and they outgrew their pots and just had no where to put them. Poor little guys there was no room at the inn this year :*(

Wow is the front yard going to go through a major over haul this winter! I'm talking bye bye to the last 7 trees in the front yard! I'll leave the 2 fully grown crepe myrtle trees only for two reasons: #1 will attract bees #2 I don't think I could afford the divorce that would mostly likely quickly follow the removal of those two trees! But the dogwood is as good as gone! It doesn't even make sense and the growth is stunted.

End of Sept - 1st of October those trees are coming down! And during the winter loads of topsoil & compost will be brought in to level out the side of the yard I'll be growing on! Hey it's less to mow! And if someone would let go of that not so tasty grass I would eliminate all need to mow! I'd be the best wife ever, right?

Start planning for next spring now. Be thinking of how you can eliminate some boring yard work and exchanging that space for a spot to grow healthy, organic, and chemically free veggies for your family! You'll never regret it!

ijustwannagrow


No comments:

Post a Comment