Thursday, July 28, 2011

We got watered more than the garden this morning!

I took my beautiful 2yr old daughter out to water the garden with me this morning. And of course in her unique way to experience everything in the absolute funnest way possible she watered us more right along with the vegetables. I fixed her a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal this morning and while she ate and watched one of her learning dvd's I ran around and got my shoes on and put her shoes on. When she was finished she asked, "go bye bye momma"? I said, no ma'am the garden has got to be watered this morning. And two little hands were thrown in the air with such excitement. The little wrinkled nose and smile look she gives should have been a prior indicator as to how much fun the veggies were going to have getting watered by mom & Savi.
As we went outside I held her hand and watered by one hand and held her hand in my other. At first I answered mostly questions of "what's that" or "I touch it"? Then the BIG question came, "I water"? I grinned and said, "sure you can water"! I knew we'd get wet, but didn't know she was gonna have that much fun watering with the hose. I pulled up a patio chair (not that I have a patio, just have patio chairs) and sat down closer to her height, tucked her tight in between my legs, and then helped her hold the hose to water the vegetables. We started at the pole bean & squash bed and she was squealing as usual. Of course ever so often she had to reach out her hand to feel the cold water and then would yell, "wow water cold cold cold". Then we'd go back to watering. She'd periodically yell, "I water you green beans" or "I water you can lopes". I told her don't forget about the cucumbers, "I water you coo cumners". At times she'd point the hose straight up and then yell, "it rainin momma". I didn't see the pressure washer to the face, but after almost drowning herself under my supervision we headed back to our one lonely watermelon. As we watered the one watermelon, she yelled " I water you wah melon". "Wah melon duh wishous momma"! Yes Savannah Watermelon is delicious.
After we wrapped up our outdoor shower & garden watering duties we headed to the mailbox. She sang the blues clues version of mail time all the way down the driveway: here's the mail it never fails...it makes me want to wag my tail.....when it comes I want to wail - Mail! She carried her mail ( a new learning dvd) and I had the pleasure of carrying the stack of mom and dad's mail (bills) back up the driveway.
Needless to say a very fun start to our day so far.

Moral of this story: watering the garden can be surprisingly fun especially with a 2yr old!

ijustwanngrow

No comments:

Post a Comment