Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I've dusted finally!

I don't feel like I was really of the respiratory health to go out and dust my crops, BUT I did mask up and quickly wet all my veggie leaves and finally put a round of diatamaceous earth (food grade). It is organic and if I understand it is like fossilized algae ground into dust...when the bugs are on the leaves and they run across this stuff it dehydrates them and they are no more! Sounds good to me! And it is safe for people and pets! Just wait 24hrs and then wash the veggies harvested really good! We'll see, but I'm tired of seeing everything look like swiss cheese! Now that is really making me mad!

Since Clint harvested potatoes last night I had almost and entire 4x8 bed open up, so I shook out some organic granulated rock dust to replenish the soil's nutrients before I planted a row of zuchinni and a row of patty pan white squashes. And was really thrilled how much straw I got to turn over into the bed from where I hilled up all the potatoes as they grew!

No comments:

Post a Comment