Monday, May 23, 2011

You say potato I say OMG I grew an actual potato! I'm SO proud! :D


Okay, so once again I have never grown potatoes! YES, I almost peed a little when Clint helped me harvest these for tomorrow night's dinner! A mixture of golden yukons and baby russetts. Since growing potatoes were purely a test this year I only planted a few potato seedlings and much to my suprise I grew actual potatoes. I'm over the moon that not only did I grow potatoes successfully, but they look, AND TASTE like potatoes! I know you can laugh at or with me, but by jingos I grew potatoes. It is what it is! LOL

My ONLY regret is that I didn't grow two 4x10x8 beds full of potatoes, but don't worry I won't make that mistake again :D

Tuesday Night Dinner: Rosemary & Garlic oven roasted potatoes from MY ORGANIC GARDEN!

Okay if I can grow potatoes you can grow potatoes! Tip: Organic Bonemeal was used to fertilize and boost the phosphorous levels of the soil! Too much nitrogen will only give you big green potato bushes according to what I've read on youtube and several books I've been studying!

Getcha grow on, girls!

,ijustwannagrow

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you for commenting, sorry I didn't see your post. Yes they were great! Hope to grow more this spring now that I know I can.

      Delete