Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things are a happenin

 The sweet bell pepper that is destined to be yellow one day is making a lot of progress due to the rain we just had!
 Never grown corn myself, but I'm pretty tickled it is still resembling corn? May not see cobs this year, but we're still in the running hopefully?
 Well since I messed up my soil PH not paying attention in this planter, my 1st round of cukes just weren't progressing, so I went ahead and pulled the weak straggly poor little things and threw them in my bucket to reside in the compost bin. Hopefully they will contribute something more to the cycle in their 2nd lives? LOL

And my sweet Alaskan Peas are about 2 inches in length and when I say sweet I mean as sugar! If I produce really well in the Fall I may just never buy store bought peas again! WHAT A DIFFERENCE people! I cannot even describe the flavor difference coming right off the vine! And other than over crowding & forgetting to inoculate them when I planted these were NOT hard to grow. They grew on their own. The trellis was the most work I put into them!

Overall the most satisfying thing about this evening was turning around as Savannah identified Basil, Sage, & Thyme herbs to her daddy and watching my family pick peas from the vine and eat them! So rewarding to hear your 22 month old tell mommy her peas are YUMMY right off the vine!

Okay if you've never grown peas you have (WE HAVE) a second chance for a Fall CROP! You MUST try!


,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment