Thursday, June 23, 2011

Scored a salad for lunch this morning. Yay!

Embarassingly enough I can't remember what type of lettuce I planted in that bed, but it is lettuce. Harvested a couple of pieces of swiss chard. Two more heirloom cherokee purple tomatoes, and 3 sweet 100's. A good day :D

I'm already looking forward to planting enough lettuce for the end of summer/fall season that I can share with many! I'm also designing and preparing to build a 4x20x8 cold frame to attempt to grow & harvest lettuce, spinach, kale, and some other greens throughout the winter months. I've been reading and researching and am excited to attempt this experiment! I bought a book called 4 Season Harvest and the guy who wrote it lives really close to Canada so if he can grow all 4 seasons then we should be able to here in NC!

PS: still NO female squash blooms  :*(


You can grow fresh salad in any pot, barrel, raised bed, garden, etc. It is so unexpectedly easy to grow!

,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment