Thursday, June 23, 2011

Well Pickles. As my daughter says!

I couldn't stand it I had to go outside and see if any of my girl squashes had awakened? And nope, still ALL boys. So, as I made Savannah's lunch and stared out my kitchen window at my squashless garden land I wondered what am I going to do? Well I went and grabbed my packet of crook necks and went straight out to the garden and dropped 15 more seeds through the remaining gardening spaces! There's got to be a female squash out there looking for a place to call home for this season! I'm determined to see squash this year!

Corn is looking alot better since I side dressed with chicken manure! I may get corn yet?

Got my crazy overgrown romaine lettuce pulled and tossed into my compost bin. Will finish cleaning out that 1/2 of that 4x10x8 bed in preps for brussel sprouts. Never grown them. I hope to harvest some! 

Figured out what I'm going to do for my mid summer greens bed, i.e. collards, kale, mustard greens, and more swiss chard. Had no idea I'd enjoy the swiss chard so much! And Savi and the hubs loved it too! So it's a keeper!

Oh and this just in: I have 3 cantaloupe blooms on my 1st cantaloupe vine that I thought was all but lost when the birds demolished my water melon & melon starts several weeks ago! Yay! I love melon! Hope to get atleast one this growing season :D

Do be afraid, throw some seeds out and see what happens! The worst that can happen is they won't grow.

I hope to get some time outside in the garden rain or NOT this weekend!


,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment