Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My first heirloom tomato EVER!

If you've wondered why I labeled my blog, "ijustwannagrow" well here is the answer! I felt like an unsuspecting passerby that stumbled upon winning a small lottery of some sort! Stopped me dead in my tracks when I saw all that ripening rockin out in my tomato and pepper bed! Only regret? I didn't have enough faith to have planted 20 tomato plants rather than just 8. Serves me right, huh? It just makes you wanna jump up and kick your heels to the side! And it is awesome to reaffirm for myself that is absolutely possibly and easier than expected to grow healthy fruits and vegetables WITHOUT the use of chemicals. Sadly,it was sorta like trying to learn a foreign language embarrassingly enough! We've become so programmed by man to spray, dust, and ingest so many chemicals we forgot how much healthier the world was before we started to get money hungry as a society and threw caution to the wind to make a quick buck! The victory here is all the Lord's as he blessed me with the opportunity and the desire to learn to grow chemical free! Don't feel like you can't do it, because there are books, free online resources like youtube or monkeysee where you can actually visually see step by steps, online discussion forums, and of course organic friends that have gone before you! Don't be afraid!

Go ahead and dispose of those chemicals (the correct way please) and then get out there and grow something amazingly healthy!

,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment