Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home from Vacation- Garden Update

We're baaaa aaaaack! I dreamed of my garden the entire time I was gone! I'm glad to be back home to be able to tend to what I have left and We'll start with the positive and say that I'm tickled my sweet 100's are really sweet and turning red everywhere. My large tomato plants are doing great! I have several tomatoes now as large as my hand. Still green, but hope they ripen in about two weeks. My corn is knee high in a week! How'd that happen? Still lookin good. Again have never grown and have no idea if I'll even get one ear of corn or not this year?

I visited several family member gardens while I was away and enjoyed viewing their vegetable selections and also how they layed their gardens out.





Squash plants are growing 






Moral of the story: I will not be vacationing in May from this point forward! LOL  Closer to beginning of August after the Fall crops have been planted! You live and learn! What can you do, but move forward?
I would have lost everything had someone not have watered my garden while I was gone. Thanks Mom!

Choose your vacation times wisely!

ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment