Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mexican Bean Beetle

So I'm determined to save my green beans if possible, and after researching various websites & photos I'm really sure that this is the beetle that is devouring my pole bean leaves!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2100139_get-rid-mexican-bean-beetles.html

I read the above article and other than the chemical pesticide recommendations that I won't be trying I think there is some pretty good advice to try. Unfortunately, too late for the floating row cover since the eggs have obviously already have been laid since I've got the beetle infestation! I'll be moving my Finch feeders over toward my greenbeans & cowpeas since they love those type of beetles! I can totally make some toad houses since they like this beetle as well. I know I have toads, because I've seen them around my garden because Savannah chases them yelling FROG...WIBBIT. Unfortunately, I've not seen them around my beans so I guess build the housing and they will come? LOL  Will continue to look for additional methods of combating them organically without the use of chemicals! I am currently researching one of my favorite online stores: planetnatural.com for natural/organic methods of extermination!

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/xdpy/kb/mexican-bean-beetle.html

I refuse to revert to chemicals!

,ijustwannagrow

No comments:

Post a Comment