Friday, January 11, 2013

On a wing and a prayer, sigh...

So the day before I caught the neighbor on the corner's dogs all over my mobile chicken coop. Beautiful dogs, but not so much jumping all over my chicken coop trying to get to my chickens! I had ran to get my camera to take a picture of the offenders, but as I snuck out of my front door I saw my nighbor dragging her dogs (not hurting them) off. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of the dogs, but I saw it with my own eyes. Well I came on back in the house thinking all was well; however, when the hubs got home he came running in that my chicken coop was all pushed in and the chickens can get out and something could get in and get them. My heart dropped and I ran out of the door and YEP, here is what I found :


found all 4 girls accounted for and let me tell you Bertha was NOT happy she was blocked in last night as she enjoys her freedom more than the others

all of the coop fencing has been pushed away from the bottom from the outside

you can see where we have a big sheet of plywood that will now SWELL with water in the rain (another loss) up against the side where it's all pulled away at the bottom. We have heavy soaked hay bales up against the wood keeping them in and hopefully everything/everyone else out

you can see where they jumped up against and bent the sides all in, they went through in 3 or 4 places

here the big dog busted through here (remember I watched the dog up on it) I just can't believe that they did this

last night we put a board and leaned a heavy log up against it to keep the girls upstairs where it was safer

very grateful that God protected our fresh egg harvest since we have someone else molting again we're down to 2 and 3 eggs a day again

husband sat heavy feed can and lid up against the gaping hole at the door where we feed them daily

sitting out on the porch in cold drizzle this morning trying to temporarily patch the coop 'til the hubs can get home to help me

temporary patch job on this side, had to leave the plywood patch up for now

Deputy director of the chicken coop crisis patrol! Mommy couldn't do it without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment